Monday, October 6

and the winner is...

i'm not sure which was the most madcap idea, using mittens as my 'entrants' holder or asking a two year old with the word "NO" as her favorite bit of vocab to do the 'prize drawing'...either way it doesn't matter, the mittens became bulgy (and blurry by the looks of things) and i was forced to bring out a more suitable vessel...

my woolly beret...and before anyone goes "ooh Tif, did you knit that lovely looking beret yourself?" or even worse still "Tif, that's a mighty fine pair of mittens hanging on your lamp, did you make them yourself?"...i confess, i purchased both from 'mass marketed' stores. (i blush with the shame)...

so we must keep moving right along, quickly forgetting my confession and focusing on the 'dottie' give away...it just leaves me to say, "thank you" to all who shared their comments of 'gifts that missed the mark' and
at no expense spared, i give you
Miss Lola doing her thing...


first prize goes to...


i quote "My parents gave me life insurance for Christmas one year. At the time, I was an unmarried college student with no family and no debts. I'm not sure what they were thinking."

and second prize goes to...


i quote again "My mum always put so much effort into her presents but there have been some serious mistakes over the years. I think the worst was a tooth polishing kit! Just perfect for an over self-conscious 17 year old. I still don't show my teeth when I smile for photos!"

she's thinking it quite true what they say about working with animals and wee children ~ Tif
FOOTNOTE: ladies, congrats...just drop me a line tif@dottieangel.com with your details and your little prizes will be winging their way to you by the end of the week...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

ohhhhhh even though the pretty miss lola didn't pull my name out she looked as if she did a very fine job...congrats to the lucky winners maybe i'll be lucky next time...

Francesca said...

how adorable is your little assistant!

Kristy said...

Yippee yippee!! Skipping widly around the room! Ta so much.

Anonymous said...

Sweet photos!


Lily