Wednesday, August 15

"where ever i lay my hat, that's my home"...courtesy of Mr Paul Young (cheesy, i know!)

please, forgive me dear readers for my extended leave of absence...it is quite unforgivable i know, but things in the real world sometimes take over and the cyber world doesn't get a look in...
we had a lovely trip away, considering the kids had been together for well over a month already. lots of outdoorsy stuff was done, mountain bike riding, waterfall swimming, trekking up hills and eating lots of saltwater taffy...oh yes, "where have you been all my life" saltwater taffy.

i dressed the part in my crocs and seafarer's hat...


we spied whales in the water (that's an incredible sight to see), while chewing the taffy...we canoed our little hearts out, apparently going down stream but with the wind against us it was an uphill struggle...at one point i lay down in my canoe with our #2 and screamed "just leave me to die and be pecked by wild birds, i can't go on any more" only to realize that over the top of the river bank was a golf course with several golfers having a good old chuckle at our distress...i am quite sure if i had discovered the saltwater taffy before my canoe trip, it would have helped me greatly...

anyhow, enough of the small talk, let's get on with why my 'prolonged state of absence' has been so 'prolonged'..."oooh yes Tif, that's what we want to know and it better be good, 'cause quite frankly we are a little fed up with you"..."ok, ok, i know i have neglected you but i have good reason" and here it is...


the house that is calling out to me day and night saying "Tif, come live in me, love me and make me better again....put chickens in my back yard and park your airstream trailer at the side"




so there it is dear readers, i am hoping to embark on a new chapter in our lives...we have a long way to go (packing up that is, the house is actually only down the hill from where we are now!) and a lot of hurdles to jump over but if it is meant to be, then this little old house will be come our home...
in the coming weeks my posts on my little blog will be sparse (you are used to that by now) but i will try my best to tell you the tale of packing up seven years of stuff from this house, four kids, one man, six pets and a small home business, down sizing it all and hopefully moving into a new home. (did i mention it has an outbuilding with a studio, sigh).
of course, it isn't concrete yet and could all fall apart, (not the house, the purchase, tee hee) but i have to believe in it to make it happen...
so my house is starting to look a little like this, and the studio will be packed up next week, dottie angel will be put to one side until the spring, so i can work on the new/old house...

'keeping her fingers crossed' and 'with so much more to say, just needing time, which she is very short on these days' ~ Tif

i spy with my little eye something beginning with 'F'...

25 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the new home and good luck with the new move. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're still among the living! The new house looks lovely, and that yard, magical...I'll be crossing my fingers for you that all goes well in its procurement.

Gill said...

Nice to have you back, if only for a short time. The house is fab (and you're downsizing?!). Looking forward to hearing all about your new home. Pictures please!

Anonymous said...

what a great house....good for you!!!
xo laura

dottie angel said...

oooh thank you ladies, of course i am counting my chickens before they hatch but then that is me!

as to "downsizing"...what i mean by that is "getting rid of a lot of clutter" so we can move around without tripping over the furniture and things.
most of the house is on one level :)and without those "built in's" that seem to be so popular in modern houses here...i have no where to hide the "piles" !!!

leslie said...

how EXCITING!!!! i love the yellow house, it's pretty much perfection. my fingers are crossed for a smooth settlement and stress-free move : )

Violette Crumble said...

I love Paul Young.
I love your new possible house.
Remember if you get a house that big you have to clean all those rooms!

Whatever you do, don't hire our movers to get you there. It's been three weeks and they still haven't arrived.

Hear Me Roar! said...

Thank god you're back!

I am over the moon with joy to hear that you are entertaining the notion of buying a house more suitable for you. Woo Hoo!

Francesca said...

wow tif, that place is amazing...the house with the porch you've always dreamed of! you are forgiven for being away so long, moving is very time consuming and very stressful. every time i move (not often) i say, that's the last time ever! of course, we never stop looking on the net, i love snooping so i expect lots of pics along the way.
holiday with the gang looked lovely, so nice to have some family time eh.
x
ps you need a good carpenter to hide your piles if there are no 'built-ins', i'm getting stressed at the thought!

Anonymous said...

ah! i love the little frog! xx

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.The yellow house looks lovely, is all that land going to be your too?? Fingers crossed you get it.

Cara said...

Lurking reader here. My, that house is amazing, and, through British eyes, bloomin' huge! Fingers crossed it all works out - partly because I want to see how lovely your studio will look!

A Saucerful Of Secrets said...

Hi Tiff, great to hear what you've been up to, you've been a busy girl havent you!!?The house is fantastic, hope all goes well for you. Chickens, great stuff!Best Wishes from Annie x

Tracy x said...

sigh......
that is a be-yoo-tee-ful house and garden
sigh.....
good to have you back girlie x
tracy x

Lucykate Crafts... said...

new house looks really cute, hope it all goes to plan. i see, there was mention of a studio for you there too : )

tis good to de-clutter once in a while! we got rid of so much when we moved last year.

Gigibird said...

You never do things by halves do you?
The house looks perfect and with a studio.....and all that land.....
I'm sure you will start collecting nice and unusual cupboards and wardrobes to tidy things away in.
I am very excited for you:)
Glad you are back:)

geriann said...

welcome back tif - best of luck in your new adventure...you'll be the best chicken lady ever!
xo
geriann

dottie angel said...

the first thing i have done this morning is to check my comments to see what all my lovely readers have to say about "the yellow house"...thank you for all your lovely thoughts, comments, and support, it is all appreciated :)

of course i am already having those dreams at night of "ridiculous moving scenarios" where everything goes wrong!!! i need to find a very good 'under the eye' cream to help me through it all...

Lindz (Yankee Girl Designs) said...

Ohhhhhh, I'm so excited for you and your new house but soooooo sad for me. I've been waiting for you and your fabby slips to come back. I promised myself that if I lost 50lbs by the end of summer that I'd reward myself w/ one of Tif's fabby slips *sigh*. That's okay though, I can hold out, because I know that w/ a cute new house comes loads of inspiration!

Rubyred said...

What a gorgeous house!Good Luck with it! Also what's saltwater taffy,It can't be made with saltwater, can it?

Wren said...

that's so exciting! i really love the yellow color of that house too- AND you're getting an outdoor studio space! i hope it all falls through nicely, just keep positive.

also- soooo nice to see you back again. i've been checking my blog reader every day to see if you're back and today you were! made my day :) i am sad dottie angel will be on hold till spring, but it's understandable!

Anonymous said...

delurking to tell you how much i enjoy your blog, how glad i am you're back, and to wish you all the very best in making your new-to-you-yellow-house-dream come true! lot'o efforts in the trying-to-make-dreams-reality-department going on here these days.
one just cannot go wrong with a yellow house!
wishes, hopes, dreams, goals....heavy, heady stuff. fingers firmly crossed for you and yours on your new adventure.
debra

Leisa said...

The new house looks beautiful. I hope the change over goes well and without any hassles. Can't wait to see more.

Cheryl Connell said...

Oh how exciting! Here's hoping for you -it looks perfect.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff, I am a new blog lurker. Just saw pics of your soon to be, (maybe), fingers crossed for you, house. It is simply gorgeous. Perfect in fact. Would love to see what it looks like inside. Hopefully needs a bit of work as it would be great to see what you do with it. Thanks for the fun blog.